Thursday, November 08, 2007

Old Farts....

It was really good to see my pal 'Tommy Gun' Campbell at the recent SWAT Round-Up in Orlando FL. We've been close friends since the early days of IPSC and rumour has it that we might be competing again in an 'Old Farts' reunion match which will be a real hoot if it happens. (I'm going to make a fortune with my on-site geriatric equipment rental) . I was going to dig up all my old shooting gear so that I could roll up in 'costume', as it were, but I dropped that idea as soon as I realized that none of it would fit. (By the way, that's NOT a Safariland holster that I'm lifting off the table as my photo guy blitzes Campbell with a high intensity strobe). To prove that we were actually young once, here's a picture of Tom, Marie and I at the Bianchi Cup in 1984. Yup, that's him wearing her hat.....solid evidence that even in those days the man wasn't all there. However, Tom is one of the finest handgunners of all time and an icon in the world of practical shooting.